Application Instruction for 2021 Shandong University "Chinese Government Scholarship-University Graduate Program & Silk Road Program”
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
2. Degree and age requirements:
Applicants must hold a high school diploma or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 25 when applying for Bachelor programs;
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or have an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 35 when applying for Master programs;
Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 40 when applying for Ph.D. programs.
3. Applicants must have excellent academic records and strong scientific research skills.
4. The applicant should not be receiving any other scholarship given by the Chinese government and Shandong University during the period he or she receives the CSC Scholarship.
5. Language requirements:
For programs taught in Chinese:
(1) Applicants must have obtained 210 points or above in the HSK 4 test when applying for Bachelor programs;
(2) Applicants must have obtained 180 points or above in the HSK 5 test when applying for Master programs;
(3) Applicants must have obtained 180 points or above in the HSK 6 test when applying for Ph.D. programs.
For programs taught in English
(1) Native English speakers (U.K., U.S., Canada, New-Zealand, Australia) are exempt from providing language certification.
(2) English speakers are required to submit results of IELTS (6.0 or above), TOEFL (80 points or above / TOEFL Mybest Scores are accepted, DI code for Shandong University: C296) or other equivalent certificates to prove English proficiency.
(3) English speakers who have obtained the highest degree in an institution where the language of instruction is English are not required to submit IELTS / TOEFL scores. Yet, an official proof of English as the language of instruction must be provided.
Note: Except for requirements of English proficiency, applicants who want to apply for a Master degree in clinical medicine taught in English must have obtained 180 points or above in the HSK 4 test.
II. Scholarship Coverage, Supporting Category and Duration
1. Scholarship Coverage
(1) Full scholarships include a tuition waiver, free accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance, and a monthly stipend;
(2) Partial scholarships consist out of one or several items mentioned on the full CSC Scholarships.
Note: For detailed information, please refer to the following link: https://www.campuschina.org/content/details3_74779.html
2. The Scholarship supports:
(1) Bachelor students (only for Chinese-taught programs),
(2) Master students (for both Chinese and English-taught programs),
(3) Ph.D. students (for both Chinese and English-taught programs).
The duration of the scholarship is equal to the duration of the study. For scholarship students who have been accepted in a Chinese-taught program and are not able to meet the requirements on Chinese proficiency, a Chinese language (preparatory) study for one year is mandatory. After passing the final exam designed to test Chinese proficiency, the applicant is allowed to commence the degree study.
III. Application period: December 18, 2020 till March 31, 2021.
IV. Academic Programs
V. Application Procedure
Step 1: Applicants are asked to complete the online application on the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn ) and print out the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. When filling in information online, please use the following information: Program Category, Type B; Agency No. of Shandong University, 10422.
Step 2: Log into SDU Online Application System for International Students (http://www.apply.sdu.edu.cn ) to complete the application. The Application Form for Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship must be filled in in Chinese or English electronically. The application form should be signed by the applicant, scanned and then uploaded to the system. Paper applications sent by post will not be considered. For other requirements, please refer to the application instructions.
(1) Applicants are expected to provide complete application materials as requested in application instruction and will be held responsible for the authenticity of documents submitted. Applications that are incomplete or fraudulent will be rejected.
(2) Applicants should be able to be contacted through the information provided.
VI. Application Result
After approved by China Scholarship Council, the final results are expected to be announced in early August 2021. Scholarship awardees will be notified via email. It is also encouraged to log into SDU Online Application System for International Students to check the results.
1. Scholarship winners should finish registration on time. Those who fail to register or do not get approval to register at a later date will be assumed as giving up their admission and their scholarship will be cancelled.
2. Scholarship students must participate in an annual review. Those who fail the assessment will be suspended or their scholarship will be annulled. Please ensure the annual review regulations are adhered to.
VIII. Contact Us
Address: Room C301, Mingde Building, Shandong University (Central Campus), No.27 Shanda South Road, Jinan City, Shandong Province, P. R. China
Postal Code: 250100