Application Instructions for 2021 Shandong University Scholarship for
The aim of Shandong University Scholarship for International Students (hereinafter refers to SDU Scholarship) is to financially support outstanding new international students. Every year, a number of outstanding undergraduates, masters and doctoral students are selected as winners.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
2. Degree and age requirements:
Applicants must hold a high school graduate or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 25 when applying for Bachelor programs;
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or have an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 35 when applying for Master programs;
Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 40 when applying for Ph.D. programs.
3. Have an excellent academic performance and strong scientific research skills.
4. The applicant can not be awarded any other scholarship funded by the Chinese government during the period he or she receives the SDU Scholarship.
5. Language requirements:
For programs taught in Chinese:
(1) Applicants must have obtained 210 points or above in the HSK 4 test when applying for Bachelor programs;
(2) Applicants must have obtained 180 points or above in the HSK 5 test when applying for Master programs;
(3) Applicants must have obtained 180 points or above in the HSK 6 test when applying for Ph.D. programs.
6. For programs taught in English
(1) Native English speakers (U.K., U.S., Canada, New-Zealand, Australia).
(2) English speakers are required to submit results of IELTS (6.0 or above), TOEFL (80 points or above / Mybest Scores are accepted, DI code for Shandong University: C296) or other equivalent certificates to prove English proficiency.
(3) English speakers who have obtained the highest degree or diploma in an institution where the language of instruction is English are not required to submit IELTS / TOEFL scores. Official proof of English as the language of instruction must be provided.
II. Scholarship Coverage and Duration
1. Scholarship Coverage
1. Provide the tuition fee for the duration of the study;
2. Provide a monthly stipend of 700 RMB for Bachelor students and Master students. For Ph.D. students the amount is 1,000 RMB per month.
A yearly 50% reduction of the tuition fee
A yearly 20% reduction of the tuition fee
2. Scholarship Duration
The duration of the scholarship is equivalent to duration of study, and is specified in the admission letter.
III. Application time: December 18, 2020 till March 31, 2021
IV. Application Process
Eligible applicants must log into the SDU Online Application System for International Students (http://www.apply.sdu.edu.cn ) to complete the application. The Application Form for Shandong University Scholarship for International Students must be filled in in Chinese or English electronically. The application form should be signed by the applicant, scanned and then uploaded to the system. Applications sent by post will not be considered.
(1) Applicants are expected to provide all application materials as requested in application instruction and will be held accountable for the authenticity of documents submitted. Applications that are incomplete or fraudulent will be rejected.
(2) Applicants should be able to be contacted by SDU through the information provided.
V. Application Result
The final result is expected to be announced on September the 1st of 2021 at the latest. Scholarship awardees will be notified via email. It is also encouraged to log in to the SDU Online Application System for International Students to check your status.
1. Scholarship winners should finish registration on time. Those who fail to register and do not get approval to register at a later date will be assumed as giving up their admission and their scholarship will be canceled.
2. Scholarship students must pay all the required fees on time and participate in an annual review. Those who fail the assessment will be suspended or their scholarship will be annulled. Please ensure the annual review regulations are adhered to on time.
VII. Contact us
Address: Room C301, Mingde Building, Shandong University (Central Campus), No.27 Shanda South Road, Jinan City, Shandong Province, P. R.China
Postal Code: 250100